The Technology Modernization Fund (TMF) is reviewing applications for two GS-13 Content Designers / Strategists. Content designers / strategists at the TMF will support us in creating clear, compelling, consistent, accurate, and accessible content and developing a content strategy to communicate the successes and lessons from the TMF investments. This is a fully remote role and you can be based out of anywhere in the U.S.
These opportunities are located in the Technology Modernization Fund Program Management Office (PMO), based out of the Office of the Deputy Administrator for the General Services Administration (GSA). The Technology Modernization Fund (TMF) is an innovative investment program that gives agencies additional ways to deliver services to the American public more quickly, better secure sensitive systems and data, and use taxpayer dollars more efficiently.
The TMF is looking for a content designer / strategist with experience in:
- Designing and writing content in plain language across multiple channels (including non-digital channels): websites, social media, blogs, email, etc
- Editing and reviewing content for appropriate style and tone, accuracy, and to ensure it aligns with the audience it serves
- Conducting user research and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data to identify user intent and better understand and meet audience needs
- Identifying and implementing content improvements based on exercises such as content audits, comparative analyses, gap analyses, site mapping, etc
- Contributing to and refining content strategy and artifacts such as style guides and editorial calendars to ensure messaging is unified across all channels
- Working closely with designers and developers to provide a content perspective for design efforts, outreach, etc
- Engaging with partners to ensure accuracy of information and strategizing around opportunities for collaboration
These roles will be a great fit for you if you:
- Have a deep understanding of research methods and content design: can conduct research to gather insights about users and their needs, analyze quantitative and qualitative data to inform content strategy across multiple channels, and contribute to content governance frameworks
- Write, review, and edit content following plain language and accessibility best practices that is tailored to specific audiences
- Leverage a variety of analytics tools to develop user stories and user journeys and use their findings to make improvements to content
- Work collaboratively with people from many organizations and disciplines
If this sounds interesting to you, you should apply!
Salary range: This is a GS-13 role and the salary range for this position will be based on your location. For example, the GS-13 range for someone located in the DC area will be $112,015 – $145,617. To see what the range will be for where you are located, visit OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) Locality Pay Tables or OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) salary calculator. To learn more about the GS pay scale, visit OPM’s General Schedule Overview.
Who may apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands)
Travel requirement: Occasional travel may be required, up to 5% per year
Security clearance: Public trust – background investigation required
Work schedule: Full-time
Appointment type: Term - may be extended for up to 8 years total
Employee benefits: Learn more about the benefits we offer
Qualifications: Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your previous experience. Follow the guidance from TTS on creating a federal style resume. Qualification determinations can’t be made when resumes don’t include the required information. Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
To qualify for this role, you must have one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this role is:
- Experience planning, writing, editing, and publishing content
- Experience developing content strategy, information architecture, or content design approaches
- Experience participating in content or design efforts across cross-functional teams