The TMF Board is seeking proposals for projects aimed at implementing the 21st Century IDEA. A new, streamlined process is available for projects that meet the TMF Criteria, and are aimed at implementing two specific areas of the Act:
- Improving web accessibility; and/or
- Digitizing public-facing forms
Agencies begin the process by contacting the TMF Program Management Office to discuss the project. Different agencies may be at different stages of 21st Century IDEA implementation, and with different access to resources.
The TMF Program Management Office (PMO), part of the General Services Administration (GSA), is here to support your team through the entire TMF application and review process. The PMO will help agencies determine what level of funding and other resources are needed to ensure the project is successful. The PMO will also help agencies determine what level of project repayment is appropriate. See additional repayment guidance. The requirements of the Act are expansive and complex, so regardless of funding level or other attributes, all projects must be supported by high-functioning teams with executive champions.
Applications for our first cohort close on September 22, 2023. Submissions after that date are welcome, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The Initial Project Proposal (IPP) templates can be found here:
- Improving web accessibility for all people (Word) (PDF)
- Improving customer experience through digitization of forms (Word) (PDF)
Before you submit an IPP, contact the PMO at email@example.com. We will set up some time to meet with your team via video conference to:
- Walk through an overview of the investment process at the TMF.
- Give you an opportunity to ask questions.
- Ask clarifying questions about your proposal and begin to fill out this form to generate a draft IPP.
We look forward to partnering with you on your project!